Building Maintenance Worker
||Building Maintenance Worker
A Building Maintenance Worker is responsible for all maintenance needed to be done around the Company’s premises. Also in charge of necessary repairs needed to the Company building, lawn maintenance, snow removal, custodial duties and other grounds keeping.
- Lawn and garden maintenance care
- Disassemble defective machines and equipment
- Identify mechanical problems
- Provide mechanical solutions
- Repair any necessary equipment on premises
- Working with heating and cooling systems
- Oversee custodial contractor
- Arrange for trash and recycling pickup
- Trim trees and floral bushes
- Remove snow during the winter months
Specifications / Requirements
- Able to exert maximum strength
- General knowledge of mechanical functions
- Strong oral communication
- Ability to understand concerns expressed orally
Education / Experience
- High school diploma
- Prior experience in the maintenance industry
The physical work environment for this position involves working in a fast paced environment with regular physical activity. Applicant is required to work on their feet all day with minimum deskbound activities. Capable of climbing elevated areas including a ladder, and ability of lifting minimum of 25 pounds. Must be able to drive machinery and obtain a valid driver’s license. Overtime may be required for this position if requested by a supervisor in order to complete a certain given task in a timely manner. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of the duties an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with incapacities to perform the essential functions.
To apply for this position, fill out our form to the right, call (608) 836-4663 for an application, or send resume to:
8201 Excelsior Dr.
Madison, WI 53717-1907
Email @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in Wisconsin Mutual.